Words don't seem to make sense anymore...

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Describing Radiohead Live

How can one actually use words to do it? Well if I had to, the word 'Awsomeness', just like Barney would say it really comes to mind. For those who have no idea what I'm yapping about, I was in Westerpark, Amsterdam on July 1st to watch Radiohead perform live. People keep on asking me, was it worth it? Every single penny sir.

My whole Euro trip was awesome as well. Still waiting for Fairol to come back with 'em pictures. You see, my camera got cocked up on the 2nd day of the trip. Don't worry, the photos will come! Well, selected ones anyway *GRIN* (like Yeh said, whatever happens in Amsterdam, stays in Amsterdam).
After the whole trip, I made a discovery when I came back. I fell in love with Stereophonics's Language, Sex, Violence, Other? album. Their first song which introduced the band to me was their cover of 'Handbags & Gladrags', which was done brilliantly. It's funny how I never took notice of them before. Here's the lyrics to the song:

STEREOPHONICS - HANDBAGS & GLADRAGS
-------

Ever seen a blind man cross the road?
trying to make the other side
Ever seen a young girl growing old?
trying to make herself a bride

So what becomes of you my love
When they have finally stripped you off
The handbags and the gladrags
That your poor old Grandad had to sweat to buy you

Once I was a young man
And all I thought I had to do was smile
well You are still a young girl
And you've bourne everything in style

So once you think you're in you're out
'Cause you don't mean a single thing without
The handbags and the gladrags
That your poor old Grandad had to sweat to buy you

Sing a song of six-pence for your sake
And drink a bottle full of rye
Four and twenty blackbirds in a cake
And bake 'em all in a pie

They told me you missed school today
So what I suggest you just throw them all away
The handbags and the gladrags
That your poor old Grandad had to sweat to buy

so you missed school today
So what I suggest you just throw them all away
The handbags and the gladrags
That your poor old Grandad had to sweat to buy you

------

and indeed folks, what does happen when we're stripped off all our handbags and gladrags?
I'm gonna sleep on it. G.N

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home